Gibson ES-335 '61 Historic Burst
Sold out, please call 02 9817 2173 for next shipment.
For credit card payment - Choose Simplify Commerce at checkout
Beginning in 1960, Gibson looked to slim down the chunky round neck profile on the revolutionary ES-335 of the 1950's. In 1961, the ES-335 featured a thinner flatter neck that players immediately appreciated for having a comfortable feel and fast action. The 2018 1961 ES-335 is a historically accurate recreation of the ES-335 that combined 1950's looks with 1960's playability.
The "mouse ear" body shape, rounded 60's Slim Taper neck profile, and dark rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays, ensure that there is no mistaking this guitar's lineage. Featuring a MTC Historic control assembly and our PAF-style MHS Humbucking pickups for classic Gibson tones. Available in Historic Burst and Sixties Cherry finishes
- Maple and Poplar Body
- Rosewood Fretboard
- MHS Humbucker Pickups
- Comes in Hard Case
- Top 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Back 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centerblock Silver Leaf Maple
- Bracing Quarter Sawn Adirondack Spruce
- Binding Single-ply Tan
- Neck Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Slim Taper, Rolled Binding
- Fingerboard Dark Rosewood
- Inlays Pearloid Dot
- Nut Nylon
- Nut Width 1.687"
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Number of Frets 22
- Finish VOS Nickel
- Bridge ABR-1 with plated brass saddles
- Tailpiece Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuners Kluson Double Ring Keystone Buttons
- Knobs Gold Top Hats with Gold Inserts
- Neck pickup MHS Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge pickup MHS Humbucker Lead
- Controls MTC Historic : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and Black Beauty capacitors
- Finishes available Historic Burst, Sixties Cherry
- Case Hardshell