Gibson Murphy Lab 64 ES-335 ULTRA LT AGED 60S CHERRY
1 in stock.
The GIBSON Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1964 ES-335 Reissue (64ES335ULSCNH1) semi-hollow body electric guitar belongs to the Tom Murphy's Lab collection.
It is not just a tribute to the priceless original models -- it's a clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics to color-matched shades of sunburst, every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail.
It represents the culmination of decades of work by Custom Shop's expert team -- a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans.
Instruments built in Murphy Lab department are ultra accurate recreations of iconic Gibson models, that perfectly mimics the broken-in feel of Gibson from the Golden Era.
For 25 years, Tom Murphy has been replicating the vibe and character of vintage guitars. In partnership with the master luthier, Gibson scienfically reverse-engineered the original imperfect and brittle 1950/60s Gibson lacquer which was causing checks under the finish.
Every Murphy Lab aged creation takes a completely separate path through the Custom Shop, receiving the Murphy Lab special lacquer formula and hand-applied Murphy Lab techniques.
Each Murphy Lab artisan has been trained by Tom Murphy to become an aging expert.
The Historic Reissue ES-335 is back and better than ever thanks to a year of studying, scanning, and listening to original examples. The expert craftspeople at Gibson Custom Shop have rendered every contour, profile, inlay and color of the priceless vintage ES™ models in magnificent detail. The result is a playing and ownership experience that will keep you coming back for more. This 1964 Reissue model utilizes sharp horn cutaways, a medium C-shape neck profile scanned from originals, small block inlays, and vintage-replica parts.
The Murphy Lab Aging finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Golden Era
- Colour : red
- Custom shop : yes
- Right-handed / left-hand : right-handed
- GIBSON Custom Shop Murphy Lab 1964 ES-335 Reissue
- SKU Gibson 64ES335ULSCNH1
- Semi-hollow body electric guitar (with central bloc)
- Made in USA
- 3-ply laminated Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Solid Maple center bloc
- Solid Mahogany set-neck, Authentic '64 Medium C profile
- Solid Rosewood fingerboard, 22 Authentic Medium-Jumbo frets
- Scale 62.865 cm / 24.75"
- Radius 30.48 cm / 12"
- Nut width 4.2863 cm / 1.6875"
- Neck width last fret 5.2375 cm / 2.062"
- Gibson Gibson Custombucker Alnico III humbucking pickups
- Volume for each pickup
- Tone for each pickup
- 3-position pickup toggle switch
- CTS 500K Audio Taper potentiometers
- Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Gibson Tune-O-Matic ABR-1
- Gibson Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Kluson Single Line, Double Ring tuners
- Murphy Lab nitrocellulose finish
- Gibson Custom Shop Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch case included